scott

scott
This is Scott, my right-hand man.

8.05.2011

wow

it's been exactly a year since I've updated this. I definitely didn't plan that!

to catch up: I left ny shortly the next
morning because... well, because kalman and I had gotten back together just before I'd left for my trip and our rocky reuniting was kind of bumming my high, so to speak.

so, it's now a year later. kalman and I are doing great. (keep an eye out for engagement party invitations. not tomorrow, but soonish.)

I really like my job. I am the office manager (executive assistant? I kinda like the sound of that..) at Third Street Boxing Gym. it's definitely as awesome as it sounds.

most importantly, I found quite a bit of focus in the last year. I've learned all about the graduate program that, if/when accepted, will prepare me for a dynamic and fulfilling career full of variety and possibility. I wanna be a speech therapist. speech language pathologist. yeah, the latter sounds awesomer.

I've been the keeping-everything-in-order lady at the gym for almost a year and I got the itch to travel again. I contacted a few friends and over the last six weeks ago, we put this plan together:

leave SFO for las vegas where suji lives. stay for about five days. go to the grand canyon and the Hoover Dam while there.

fly to Houston on Wednesday. arrive late at night. get picked up by natalie, Thursday drive with her in her car to new Orleans where we'll meet up with charla!! high school reunion baby!!

spending ten days there. mostly with them. a few days at the end by myself. get on a plane to Los Angeles. get myself to the Venice beach hostel where kalman will have successfully shipped my bike.

prepare bike for adventure.

I'll probably spend about ten days in Los Angeles. depending on how lame it is. I'm super exited about riding my bike in la. and I'll see hoda and melissa. and adam is playing a show over the weekend. and a good friend from high school, steven, lives down there too, but I gotta get him to answer a text. aaaand... I think that's everyone. is there someone I'm forgetting? let me know cause I'll ride out to yr place!!

I wasn't expecting this, but it's what makes me feel confident about the third paragraph up there: I've been overwhelmed all day with how much I expect to miss kalman. we have a very independent relationship with each other. not very mushy, which is great. and my job keeps me out late and he gets up early and over the course of the week we often haven't spent much time together. but I've known all day that it won't be the same. I'm going to
miss him very much.

this is a picture of him today at lunch, looking at me.

No comments: